After this summer’s Italian road trip I am totally in love with Medditeranian flavours, and this tomato and burrito salad takes me right back to La Dolce Vita. Bursts of tangy tomato coated in creamy burrata and just the right amount of tartness from the olive oil and onions are perfect for a light summer salad at midday or entree to dinner.
Tomato and Burrata Salad Ingredients:
Good quality Burrata cheese
A selection of different varieties of tomatoes, halved
Microgreens to garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
Tomato and Burrata Salad Recipe
- Wash and dry tomatoes, slice in half or quarters if large. You need bite sized chunks.
- Slice half a red onion
- Place fresh burrata in the center of plate
- Assemble tomatoes and red onions around the burrata
- Drizzle with fresh olive oil
- Season with salt and pepper
- Garnish with microgreens