“There’s no such thing as an overnight success.”
That might be the biggest spoiler to a book with this title, but Maria Hatzistefanis has got guts, grit and isn’t prepared to gloss over her two decades in business
The successful Rodial brand we see today is as a result of a good 20 years of work! Oh, yes. This makes her a much-needed voice for today’s entrepreneur, especially in the digital age.
In this podcast you’ll hear:
- How building a global brand is all about having the right idea at the right time.
- What it means to build a buzz, use social media and get the right people talking and becoming brand people talk about.
- Why in business you need to keep an eye on the changing political and geographical landscape (on non-market or external forces)
- Remember: You are your biggest walking advertisement, on and off the court! Of course, that’s a no brainer coming from a beauty industry entrepreneur but the lesson here is your presentation of self has to be consistent with what you are selling as the current market is not just buying your product but they are also buying into you.
- Overall why How To Be An Overnight Success is a really insightful, practical book that takes readers behind the scenes of building a brand with attitude that really connects with its loyal customers.
The book is a great read for today’s entrepreneur. Here’s an example of a business person who’s been carefully crafting a brand for two decades and has achieved a great balance between a healthy amount of personal exposure and a successful brand. I read GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso (founder of Nasty Gal) and the tone is completely different. Maria’s moves seem more thought out and calculated compared to Sophia’s which felt more spontaneous. Both interesting reads but completely different formulas.
In a nutshell, good things take time!